The Extra Life Thread!

stolenxnametag

PSLS Level: Kraken
PSLS Ambassador
On October 25th, I'm doing a 24-hour gaming marathon to benefit the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. They have done a lot for my sister, Samm Ragone, and any donations made from this charity go directly to them to help people like her. She was diagnosed with a childhood cancer at 16 and has to go back for checkups for the rest of her life since it was diagnosed at that age. After seeing that @Chandler Wood was spearheading this campaign on behalf of PlayStation LifeStyle, I decided that it would be cool to follow suit and help fund a cause that really matters as well. At present I am nowhere near my goal, so it would be cool if some of you would be willing to donate a few bucks and help me reach it. Who knows? Maybe I'll throw out some free swag, too. :D

Are any of you participating in the Extra Life charity? Would you like to? You can join Team PlayStation LifeStyle here if you're interested!

Links:
Joseph Cavanaugh (@stolenxnametag)
Chandler Wood (@Chandler Wood)
Dan Oravasaari (@Dan Oravasaari)
Luis Armando Santana Ortiz (@darkforcegod)
Richard Sambenedetto (@RickieBomber)

Related Readings:
Chandler's Interview with Jeromy Adams
What is Extra Life?

Last edited:
I applaud people for doing something but I am just not a charity type person. I hope it does great though.

Update. I was looking info and even chat with a member of Extra Life so he would explain me everything. I understand all this better now. I will help as much as I can. This is a great way to help others and show the world that gaming is more than just mindless games like a lot of people think.

I would like to donate but all my money is currently going towards the medical bills i have to pay for my seizure disorder as well as other chronic fk ups my body has been tossing me since 2002. Chemo sucks, i've had it before and it's screwed up my life. I want to help but i just can't cuz my health is bad too.

I would like to donate but all my money is currently going towards the medical bills i have to pay for my seizure disorder as well as other chronic fk ups my body has been tossing me since 2002. Chemo sucks, i've had it before and it's screwed up my life. I want to help but i just can't cuz my health is bad too.

I hope everything gets better. If you cant donate maybe you can spread the word about us with your friends and others. Even a dollar that we can raise is worth it.

I applaud people for doing something but I am just not a charity type person. I hope it does great though.
Not even like $10? :D

Update. I was looking info and even chat with a member of Extra Life so he would explain me everything. I understand all this better now. I will help as much as I can. This is a great way to help others and show the world that gaming is more than just mindless games like a lot of people think.
Thanks for your donation and for joining the team! I added your link to my post.

That's totally fine, @Jacky. I have meant to contribute more to my own campaign, but it's been tough lately. I had $25 left over from my recent vacation budget, so I dumped that into the fund last night. If you know anyone else who would be willing to contribute, then feel free to share my link with others. :D

Not even like $10? :D

Thanks for your donation and for joining the team! I added your link to my post.

That's totally fine, @Jacky. I have meant to contribute more to my own campaign, but it's been tough lately. I had $25 left over from my recent vacation budget, so I dumped that into the fund last night. If you know anyone else who would be willing to contribute, then feel free to share my link with others. :D

Already have with my boss over the phone

I have a quick question, on October 25 when we all come together and play, I won't be able to join you guys until about 5:30 p.m. Or 6 p.m. Eastern time, that's not going to cause any issues will it (this is my first time doing the extra life fundraiser so I'm a little unsure). And also, does it have to be 24hrs? Or can you do it any way you want? I wanna make sure I'll have all the amenities I'll need like a whole friggin bunch of Mountain Dew. Thanks in advance :)

Well the thing is that you do the hours when you can. The 25 is the official day but you can do it before and set the hours as you want and are convinient for you. Its more like a way to show your love, importance and sacrifice for those hospitals and children. Is a honor thing.

The money raising thing is the hard part.

I have a quick question, on October 25 when we all come together and play, I won't be able to join you guys until about 5:30 p.m. Or 6 p.m. Eastern time, that's not going to cause any issues will it (this is my first time doing the extra life fundraiser so I'm a little unsure). And also, does it have to be 24hrs? Or can you do it any way you want? I wanna make sure I'll have all the amenities I'll need like a whole friggin bunch of Mountain Dew. Thanks in advance :)
Yeah, what @darkforcegod said - it works on an honor system. You make the hours when you want them to be! :D

They are playing Destiny :) Im watching them play via Twitch. The links are on PSLS.
The Evil Within crashed on me during a boss battle, so I watched them for a few minutes while I restarted my PS4. :D

I had an Extra Life party at my house Saturday night, so friends of mine came over to play tabletop card games and Smash Bros for a few hours. After they left at 4am or so, I started streaming The Evil Within again. I had a great time, and I definitely want to do this again next year!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"