Name Some Awesome Documentries

The Aristocrats is a hilarious and incredibly vulgar documentary featuring over 80 comedians who analyze and retell a popular industry inside joke. Be warned that it requires a dark and sometimes childish sense of humor.
Also, this. "The Aristocrats" is the best joke of all time.

Are you into becoming extremely paranoid? Then I would suggest Zeitgeist. It's all about conspiracy theories in religion, the federal reserve, and 9/11. Go into it with a grain of salt in hand, but some interesting information nonetheless.

Are you into becoming extremely paranoid? Then I would suggest Zeitgeist. It's all about conspiracy theories in religion, the federal reserve, and 9/11. Go into it with a grain of salt in hand, but some interesting information nonetheless.
Are you following me? o_O

Food Inc. - Tells about the practices of the food industry and how harmful GMOs can be

Food Inc. and Forks over Knives were not impressive documentaries. I've seen Food Inc. like twice and neither time was I impressed. GMOs aren't universally bad. There's just no real evidence that GMOs do the harms people claim. The reason why Americans are fat isn't because of GMOs. It's because of bad health care, low wages, high cost of healthy foods, low cost of High Fructose Corn Syrup, sugar addictions, so on and so forth.

The anti-GMO crowd have no credibility with me. They have lied so long, so hard, and the arguments are anti-science. They don't meet the burden of proof. I don't want to hijack the whole thread though.

Zeitgeist has been debunked left right and center. Even atheists have debunked the religious stuff in the movie. Terrible documentary. I went in watching the movie when I was young before I had grains of salt. I don't know if there's anything in Zeitgeist that stands the test of time.

As far as good documentaries I find the following were good.

Nova Documentaries. Watch any of them. Great stuff.
Religilous was enjoyable. It's by Bill Maher.
Jesus Camp is another good documentary. It doesn't really attack religion, it just lets religion attack itself.

The reason why Americans are fat isn't because of GMOs. It's because of bad health care, low wages, high cost of healthy foods, low cost of High Fructose Corn Syrup, sugar addictions, so on and so forth.
Or possibly because of lack of something as simple as exercise? Overall people have become lazy, and look for the easiest way out. Exercise helps in more ways than just weight loss, but an overall well being of an individual. If people would just take the time of day to put in a little effort on themselves with a little exercise, rather than their other priorities, then they would be a lot healthier overall.

Or possibly because of lack of something as simple as exercise? Overall people have become lazy, and look for the easiest way out. Exercise helps in more ways than just weight loss, but an overall well being of an individual. If people would just take the time of day to put in a little effort on themselves with a little exercise, rather than their other priorities, then they would be a lot healthier overall.
Exercise doesn't work miracles.

Food issues, poverty, chemical adnormalities in the body like thyroid problems or medications, etc.

Me for example I have an extra large stomach. A normal person can have 1 good sized burger and be full. I can eat 1 full sized burger and end up hungrier than I was before I ate it. Exercise didn't, and will not alone fix all the problems in my body.

Especially not since I've dislocated my knees multiple times exercising. Messed up my ankle power walking on the San Antonio River Walk, I have back problems from years of low paying body stressing retail jobs (not being lazy about it)

I know you're going to want to argue with me, I know you're going to say "Well you didn't do this, you didn't do that" and well you're wrong. I've tried everything I can without health care.

Exercise doesn't work miracles.

Food issues, poverty, chemical adnormalities in the body like thyroid problems or medications, etc.

Me for example I have an extra large stomach. A normal person can have 1 good sized burger and be full. I can eat 1 full sized burger and end up hungrier than I was before I ate it. Exercise didn't, and will not alone fix all the problems in my body.

Especially not since I've dislocated my knees multiple times exercising. Messed up my ankle power walking on the San Antonio River Walk, I have back problems from years of low paying body stressing retail jobs (not being lazy about it)

I know you're going to want to argue with me, I know you're going to say "Well you didn't do this, you didn't do that" and well you're wrong. I've tried everything I can without health care.
Yeah I will argue with you, this is what my college degree is in. I have a bachelor's in Kinesiology, and took many nutrition classes along the way. I'll make each point with each of yours though.

I grew up in poverty and worked three jobs to get through college while taking out loans as well, all while people told me I wouldn't make it out of the neighborhood I grew up in. It's been proven that diet and exercise have a huge impact on the chemicals in your body, and how you feel. Working out releases natural endorphins that make you feel good.

The stomach shrinks and grows with the amount of food that you eat on a regular basis. If you choose to not eat for a 24 hour period, then your stomach will actually shrink. Hence the reason when you eat after that long time period, it will be much less than normal. Control over food consumption and what you are eating in particular will help curve your appetite. Eating a salad or even drinking a whole bottle of water will help you feel full when eating a meal. Your foundation for your diet should be more than carbohydrates and protein, people often forget that fruits and vegetables should be the biggest contributors to what you are eating. A person that has thyroid problems needs to typically stay away from things wheat and possibly even gluten.

My fiancé, @Kaki88x, is actually allergic to gluten. I told her that I would help her try the gluten free diet so the gluten products wouldn't be in the house. Not only do both of us feel better, but we have lost weight with a gluten free diet. I used to bread all the time, now we don't even have it in the house. She has gone down two waist sizes during the first month alone that we began it, and that's without exercise on her part. She was an athlete in school, and isn't able to exercise as much because of back and knee problems. I wasn't saying that exercise will fix everything for an individual, but it is a start. Most people need a lifestyle change honestly, which includes things like exercise, nutrition, and even surroundings at time. The first two can be controlled, last one not so much. But two out of three is better than not trying at all.

I have had the medial collateral ligament (MCL) tear twice in my knee. Once in high school while playing football (cost me a college football scholarship), and once in college while playing football (ended my college football career). My right ankle sounds like a pepper grinder every time I rotate it because a linebacker was scared to get hit by me in a game and dove at my ankle instead, and completely messed up my ankle. Lower back pain has been tied to much more than just a person's job, not saying that yours isn't what is hurting your back, but it could be much more. Things such as shoes, mattress, being overweight, and even something as simple as posture can be causing all this. Both @Kaki88x and I are coaches and are on our feet all day long as well. Different shoes have made my back hurt on some days, same with her. Making the effort to find the right shoe is a hard one, but necessary.

Health care doesn't always help everything. Taking the time to figure out what is causing your issues with your body will though. Yes it may cost a bit of money to fix or try to fix these issues, but proper budgeting will make it easier with time.

I'm just tired of people coming up with bullshit excuses for stuff honestly, and no @MakaiOokami this isn't directed at you, but in general. People complain about the smallest things that are holding them back. I busted my ass to get where I am today, and am damn proud of it. If you want to get anywhere you are going to face struggle, it's how you react to the struggle that will define the type of person that you are. There are always issues for people to place the blame on, but there is always someone out there that has it worse off than what you are facing. So rather than placing the blame on everything else, individuals need to find the diet/workout plan that works for them. Everyone is different, and reacts differently to various workouts/diets.

I'm 6'6" and was 365lbs when I stopped playing college football. My body was in "football shape" but nowhere near good shape. I was overweight, but strong as hell. Did I need all that weight on my body? Nope. So I ran 3 miles a day, with a fucked up knee and ankle. My back gave me occasional issues, but as the weight came off it got easier. It's going hurt at first, but working through the pain will make you stronger overall. I am currently 6'6" still and weight about 315 lbs. While I was doing all that cardiovascular workouts I actually got down to around 250, but got really sick and had multiple health issues. I now do a circuit workout combing some cardio with extensive weight training for about an hour a day give or take, and am a lot stronger than when I played football. If I don't workout, I typically get angry, and honestly feel like shit. Yes this may not work for you, but there is a happy medium for your body, you just need to find it.

Yeah I will argue with you, this is what my college degree is in. I have a bachelor's in Kinesiology, and took many nutrition classes along the way. I'll make each point with each of yours though.

I grew up in poverty and worked three jobs to get through college while taking out loans as well, all while people told me I wouldn't make it out of the neighborhood I grew up in. It's been proven that diet and exercise have a huge impact on the chemicals in your body, and how you feel. Working out releases natural endorphins that make you feel good.

The stomach shrinks and grows with the amount of food that you eat on a regular basis. If you choose to not eat for a 24 hour period, then your stomach will actually shrink. Hence the reason when you eat after that long time period, it will be much less than normal. Control over food consumption and what you are eating in particular will help curve your appetite. Eating a salad or even drinking a whole bottle of water will help you feel full when eating a meal. Your foundation for your diet should be more than carbohydrates and protein, people often forget that fruits and vegetables should be the biggest contributors to what you are eating. A person that has thyroid problems needs to typically stay away from things wheat and possibly even gluten.

My fiancé, @Kaki88x, is actually allergic to gluten. I told her that I would help her try the gluten free diet so the gluten products wouldn't be in the house. Not only do both of us feel better, but we have lost weight with a gluten free diet. I used to bread all the time, now we don't even have it in the house. She has gone down two waist sizes during the first month alone that we began it, and that's without exercise on her part. She was an athlete in school, and isn't able to exercise as much because of back and knee problems. I wasn't saying that exercise will fix everything for an individual, but it is a start. Most people need a lifestyle change honestly, which includes things like exercise, nutrition, and even surroundings at time. The first two can be controlled, last one not so much. But two out of three is better than not trying at all.

I have had the medial collateral ligament (MCL) tear twice in my knee. Once in high school while playing football (cost me a college football scholarship), and once in college while playing football (ended my college football career). My right ankle sounds like a pepper grinder every time I rotate it because a linebacker was scared to get hit by me in a game and dove at my ankle instead, and completely messed up my ankle. Lower back pain has been tied to much more than just a person's job, not saying that yours isn't what is hurting your back, but it could be much more. Things such as shoes, mattress, being overweight, and even something as simple as posture can be causing all this. Both @Kaki88x and I are coaches and are on our feet all day long as well. Different shoes have made my back hurt on some days, same with her. Making the effort to find the right shoe is a hard one, but necessary.

Health care doesn't always help everything. Taking the time to figure out what is causing your issues with your body will though. Yes it may cost a bit of money to fix or try to fix these issues, but proper budgeting will make it easier with time.

I'm just tired of people coming up with bullshit excuses for stuff honestly, and no @MakaiOokami this isn't directed at you, but in general. People complain about the smallest things that are holding them back. I busted my ass to get where I am today, and am damn proud of it. If you want to get anywhere you are going to face struggle, it's how you react to the struggle that will define the type of person that you are. There are always issues for people to place the blame on, but there is always someone out there that has it worse off than what you are facing. So rather than placing the blame on everything else, individuals need to find the diet/workout plan that works for them. Everyone is different, and reacts differently to various workouts/diets.

I'm 6'6" and was 365lbs when I stopped playing college football. My body was in "football shape" but nowhere near good shape. I was overweight, but strong as hell. Did I need all that weight on my body? Nope. So I ran 3 miles a day, with a fucked up knee and ankle. My back gave me occasional issues, but as the weight came off it got easier. It's going hurt at first, but working through the pain will make you stronger overall. I am currently 6'6" still and weight about 315 lbs. While I was doing all that cardiovascular workouts I actually got down to around 250, but got really sick and had multiple health issues. I now do a circuit workout combing some cardio with extensive weight training for about an hour a day give or take, and am a lot stronger than when I played football. If I don't workout, I typically get angry, and honestly feel like shit. Yes this may not work for you, but there is a happy medium for your body, you just need to find it.

Everyone always told me that endorphins make you feel good while you exercise. So why is it that I'd get suicidal inpulses while listening to happy upbeat music while exercising my ass off? I strugged with depression, and I went to the gym all the time. I only had a few select meals because I had $200 dollars for food, gas, water bill, and entertainment a month in college because that's all my dad would allow me, and I was forbidden to get a job. I went to the gym and rode my bike to the gym until my dad told me I wasn't allowed to keep it in my apartment, and refused to buy me a GOOD $20 dollar lock and got a $15 dollar lock despite my protests and then the $100 dollar bike was stolen the next day.

I would walk to college, I played Racquett ball, and weight lifted, and all sorts of stuff. It's expensive to have good nutrition. I can't eat salads. I physically can't eat salads. I'm autistic and the texture of salads makes me puke. I didn't know I was autistic at the time of course, I just knew that the texture bugged me and made my gag reflex start up after a few bites. Besides how do you afford fruits and veggies off of $130 dollars a month? $1.10 cents a meal. An Apple costs $1, bread is like $0.75 a loaf back then, Ramen was $0.14 a bag.

I've gone a day here and there without eating. One example was I went an entire day without eating while playing White Knight Chronicles came out. Also did it one day during the first months' release of Demon's Souls. When I was in Austin for 6 months I got so depressed I slept for about 2-3 days straight. My room mates were worried about me but I just slept in the bathroom because my bed broke. I can't afford a new mattress. How do you even find out if a mattress is going to fix your back? My job consists of me being slightly angled all day over a cash register and I'm 332 pounds most of it is upper body so it's not like that can't have an effect on me. I work 6 hours with 1 break, and no lunch. Before that job of course though I had to push boxes back and fourth across some rollers, for an hour straight, and then work 3 hours straight after that not getting any breaks or lunches till the 4 hour mark, then lunch, then an hour and a half later break, and then an hour and a half later break, unless we were rushed out before 11. Then we didn't get a second break because we didn't work 7 hours.

I had changed my life when I was in college to the best of my abilities. I had a chart with like 10 different meals. Those meals told me what the calories of my sized portions were, and I would write down the calories of every meal. Go to the gym like I said earlier, and play DDR when I couldn't go to the gym or Pump It Up. Sometimes I'd play Pump It Up all day. Like 6 hours.

The only time I lost weight was when I convinced my dad to buy these

article-1-our-food.png

I set myself to only eat like 300 calories every 2 hours.

8 hours of sleep, 2 hours without eating, no food 2 hours before bed.

So half of the day was not eating. If I woke up at 8 I'd eat at...
time - Total Calories up to that point
10 -300
12 - 600
02 - 900
04 - 1200
06 - 1500
08 - 1800
10 - 2100

That was the only time I was able to lose weight quickly, healthy, and without too much issue. However I can't do that because my job sometimes asks me to work a night shift, and then a day shift the next morning and if I don't eat often enough I get shaky and light headed and almost pass out. Not only that but work for 3 hours then get 1 15 minute break and then work another 2 and a half hours. Or sometimes I work for 2 hours get a break and then work for almost 4 hours. I can't function if I don't have a huge meal before I start work. My hands get shaky, I get light headed, and I feel like i"m going to pass out.

Not to mention the fact that I was never in football shape. I'm 5 feet 9 inches tall and 332 pounds. Weight distribution isn't quite like yours and have almost no flexibility. At this point i"ve pretty much given up.

Everyone always told me that endorphins make you feel good while you exercise. So why is it that I'd get suicidal inpulses while listening to happy upbeat music while exercising my ass off? I strugged with depression, and I went to the gym all the time. I only had a few select meals because I had $200 dollars for food, gas, water bill, and entertainment a month in college because that's all my dad would allow me, and I was forbidden to get a job. I went to the gym and rode my bike to the gym until my dad told me I wasn't allowed to keep it in my apartment, and refused to buy me a GOOD $20 dollar lock and got a $15 dollar lock despite my protests and then the $100 dollar bike was stolen the next day.

I would walk to college, I played Racquett ball, and weight lifted, and all sorts of stuff. It's expensive to have good nutrition. I can't eat salads. I physically can't eat salads. I'm autistic and the texture of salads makes me puke. I didn't know I was autistic at the time of course, I just knew that the texture bugged me and made my gag reflex start up after a few bites. Besides how do you afford fruits and veggies off of $130 dollars a month? $1.10 cents a meal. An Apple costs $1, bread is like $0.75 a loaf back then, Ramen was $0.14 a bag.

I've gone a day here and there without eating. One example was I went an entire day without eating while playing White Knight Chronicles came out. Also did it one day during the first months' release of Demon's Souls. When I was in Austin for 6 months I got so depressed I slept for about 2-3 days straight. My room mates were worried about me but I just slept in the bathroom because my bed broke. I can't afford a new mattress. How do you even find out if a mattress is going to fix your back? My job consists of me being slightly angled all day over a cash register and I'm 332 pounds most of it is upper body so it's not like that can't have an effect on me. I work 6 hours with 1 break, and no lunch. Before that job of course though I had to push boxes back and fourth across some rollers, for an hour straight, and then work 3 hours straight after that not getting any breaks or lunches till the 4 hour mark, then lunch, then an hour and a half later break, and then an hour and a half later break, unless we were rushed out before 11. Then we didn't get a second break because we didn't work 7 hours.

I had changed my life when I was in college to the best of my abilities. I had a chart with like 10 different meals. Those meals told me what the calories of my sized portions were, and I would write down the calories of every meal. Go to the gym like I said earlier, and play DDR when I couldn't go to the gym or Pump It Up. Sometimes I'd play Pump It Up all day. Like 6 hours.

The only time I lost weight was when I convinced my dad to buy these

article-1-our-food.png

I set myself to only eat like 300 calories every 2 hours.

8 hours of sleep, 2 hours without eating, no food 2 hours before bed.

So half of the day was not eating. If I woke up at 8 I'd eat at...
time - Total Calories up to that point
10 -300
12 - 600
02 - 900
04 - 1200
06 - 1500
08 - 1800
10 - 2100

That was the only time I was able to lose weight quickly, healthy, and without too much issue. However I can't do that because my job sometimes asks me to work a night shift, and then a day shift the next morning and if I don't eat often enough I get shaky and light headed and almost pass out. Not only that but work for 3 hours then get 1 15 minute break and then work another 2 and a half hours. Or sometimes I work for 2 hours get a break and then work for almost 4 hours. I can't function if I don't have a huge meal before I start work. My hands get shaky, I get light headed, and I feel like i"m going to pass out.

Not to mention the fact that I was never in football shape. I'm 5 feet 9 inches tall and 332 pounds. Weight distribution isn't quite like yours and have almost no flexibility. At this point i"ve pretty much given up.
Dude, we all deal with stuff like that in our lives. You aren't special. Either suck it up and deal with it or give up. It does no good to come up with huge lists of reasons why everything is against you. Guess what, I can make a list just as long as your list but I deal with shut and don't blame everyone but myself for stuff.

You said you went days without eating while playing new video game releases? Why the he'll did you buy a new video game when you had no money for food. That is "your" bad choice that caused that situation. Nothing else. Learn to budget and only buy what you "need" and not what you "want". Eventually you will be able to add in more "wants" as you get more comfortable financially. Until then it will take sacrifice on your part. I have also seen people way worse off than you stick to exercise and get themselves healthy.

Dude, we all deal with stuff like that in our lives. You aren't special. Either suck it up and deal with it or give up. It does no good to come up with huge lists of reasons why everything is against you. Guess what, I can make a list just as long as your list but I deal with shut and don't blame everyone but myself for stuff.

You said you went days without eating while playing new video game releases? Why the he'll did you buy a new video game when you had no money for food. That is "your" bad choice that caused that situation. Nothing else. Learn to budget and only buy what you "need" and not what you "want". Eventually you will be able to add in more "wants" as you get more comfortable financially. Until then it will take sacrifice on your part. I have also seen people way worse off than you stick to exercise and get themselves healthy.

I bought new video games when I had the money to eat better. Then I moved and couldn't find a new job. Or I would trade in video games and get 30 percent more trade in credit, and I'd trade in video games back then and get enough to get extra games on a buy 2 get 1 free deal.

Video games and my wife are why I have limited suicidal thoughts and outbursts. However everyone around me is always wanting me to go out to eat with them. They're always wanting fast food. Yeah cause I'm solely an island and everything everyone does has no effect on me.

I've tried again and again which was the major point. I'm not going to work my ass off just to have to call in to work and get fired because I'm too sore and in too much pain to be on my feet for almost 6 hours straight with barely a 15 minute break.

This is why my first reply was so short. I didn't want to play "Everyone dog pile on me" game again. This isn't the kind of bullshit that helps you get well. It's the kind of bullshit that makes someone depressed and binge eat everything in the house.

That's where health care comes in. If there is something wrong with me that prevents me from losing weight... then It'd be nice to know. I've tried life changes again and again. The only thing that does change, is the fact no one helps.

The only thing that does change, is the fact no one helps.
Not to jump on the dogpile bandwagon (because I think you're mostly awesome), but:

I'm pretty sure he was trying to help you, not tear you down. His degree is designed to help people, and his career is to help people - and now he is trying to help you. Smile man. You're the only one placing limits on yourself. <3

I watched "Sena" a couple of weeks ago... really good! You don't need to like racing to enjoy it. Also "Dark Side of the Moon" is one of my all-time favourites. It's about how the moon landing was faked... with a twist.

Last edited:
Not to jump on the dogpile bandwagon (because I think you're mostly awesome), but:

I'm pretty sure he was trying to help you, not tear you down. His degree is designed to help people, and his career is to help people - and now he is trying to help you. Smile man. You're the only one placing limits on yourself. <3
I'm just tired of dumping money into healthier foods, and putting strict limits on myself, and no one helps. No one acts like they care, no one respects the effort.

You say you don't want to go out to eat with them and they guilt you. "Oh it's not going to hurt your diet it's just one meal" or they tell your wife "He doesn't like us anymore he's just deflecting" or your dad just brings you food and opens your door and just says "Hey brought you some food" and then walks out.

I'm just tired of doing it all by myself and then when I run out of energy to resist, I lose every bit of progress I made. I'm just tired of people getting offended because I'm not eating much of the food they prepared, and "He could at least tell us he doesn't like the food"

Then when all the weight comes back it's like "Oh don't worry you'll lose it again"

Constantly fluctuating in weight is worse than just staying stable.

I'm just tired of dumping money into healthier foods, and putting strict limits on myself, and no one helps. No one acts like they care, no one respects the effort.

You say you don't want to go out to eat with them and they guilt you. "Oh it's not going to hurt your diet it's just one meal" or they tell your wife "He doesn't like us anymore he's just deflecting" or your dad just brings you food and opens your door and just says "Hey brought you some food" and then walks out.

I'm just tired of doing it all by myself and then when I run out of energy to resist, I lose every bit of progress I made. I'm just tired of people getting offended because I'm not eating much of the food they prepared, and "He could at least tell us he doesn't like the food"

Then when all the weight comes back it's like "Oh don't worry you'll lose it again"

Constantly fluctuating in weight is worse than just staying stable.
Now enough talking about me.

I'm not responding anymore. Every time I try and create healthy meals, and have a healthier lifestyle everyone criticizes it to death.

I only posted like small post on how GMOs aren't making everyone fat and it turned into a "Quick whining and do something" seminar as if I haven't heard that all of my life.

Not to get this off-topic again, but do you attribute the weight loss to gluten specifically, or just by (likely/assuming) eating significantly fewer carbs in general? (If you want, we could start a separate thread on nutrition and/or exercise ;))

I'm 6'6" and was 365lbs when I stopped playing college football. My body was in "football shape" but nowhere near good shape. I was overweight, but strong as hell. Did I need all that weight on my body? Nope.

I hear you there. My difference between football shape and good shape wasn't quite as vast as you because of the position difference, but they are still separate things. Always interesting to see college and pro players, especially linemen, a year or two after being done. Usually huge changes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"