Your favorite Final Fantasy game

I loved VIII. Gunblades are still the coolest weapon of all time. I loved how dark the story was. This was when they went with the actual person sized character character models. The overworld was great. It still retained all those clever little secrets. I just really liked 8's cast of characters, battles, GF's, gameplay. Everything.

First off let me state that I-IX represent the pinnacle of what defines Final Fantasy. I love X, but it began that negative trend the series is currently on. Save for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, of course. That just brought back that old soul.

My favorites have switched spots. I now herald Final Fantasy Tactics to be the best FF title ever created. And I shall stand by that until the end of time. Next up, and my previous favorite, is Final Fantasy VI. The sheer amount of characters, which all had stories, was just amazing. It provided me with a great deal of customization without the job system of which I so love. And that is simply amazing in its own right. I loved each tale told by all the characters. Even Gogo and Umaro. Loved the magic vs tech theme in the game. Not to mention all the other underlying themes prevalent throughout the game. The Esper system was downright amazing.

Tactics has, hands down, the best story ever written in a Final Fantasy title. The way it is written, unfolds, twists, turns, and culminates into an epic and fantastic climax is stunning. The characters are deep and the dialoge/themes are thought provoking. The world of Ivalice is rich and has become my favorite FF realm. I shall never forget the story of Ramza Beoulve and how he was the true hero of the Lion War, not Delita Heiral. The 20 jobs, 22 in the remake, provide a deep level of customization for your battles. You can even hire on heroes and completely customize them in both name and deed. All the possibilities in combinations truly make this game endlessly replayable. I replay it twice annually and never tire of it. I also very much like the monster breeding, as minimal as it is. Not to mention the secret characters and cameos. And who didn't enjoy the Deep Dungeon?

For me, these two titles display the very best of what makes Final Fantasy so phenomenal.

I loved VIII. Gunblades are still the coolest weapon of all time. I loved how dark the story was. This was when they went with the actual person sized character character models. The overworld was great. It still retained all those clever little secrets. I just really liked 8's cast of characters, battles, GF's, gameplay. Everything.

The cast really sold it for me. I liked the fact that the story was a bit more dark and yes Gunblades are AWESOME.

The cast really sold it for me. I liked the fact that the story was a bit more dark and yes Gunblades are AWESOME.
Oh the story was amazing. Don't want to put too many spoilers on here, so I won't go into full detail (probably create a thread discussing the end game boss and label it spoilers). The characters were extremely relatable, and it was great to see Squall grow as a character throughout the game. The GF's system was great, and the junctioning system if setup right could make you damn near invincible with proper work put in. And if you don't like gunblades there is something wrong with you.

For the record, I still press R1 in some turn-based RPGs because I subconsciously think it'll make me do crits. I caught myself pressing the right shoulder on the Vita version of FFX. Coincidentally, I noticed it because Tidus did a sick crit the first time that was like 4x his normal damage, which netted me an overkill!

For the record, I still press R1 in some turn-based RPGs because I subconsciously think it'll make me do crits. I caught myself pressing the right shoulder on the Vita version of FFX. Coincidentally, I noticed it because Tidus did a sick crit the first time that was like 4x his normal damage, which netted me an overkill!

I assure you, good sir, that your efforts are not in vain. R1 is a valid crit modifier in all turn based RPGs. As well as some action RPGs and some casual games too. As long as your timing is down, you can use R1 in almost every game that doesn't already have it mapped. You can also use R1 in the great outdoors. When you go to a coffee shop, if press R1 right before the barista gives you your total, instant free upgrade and a snowman cookie.

hmmm the best is really hard to say.
this is my personal opinion about it

characters ff6 would be the best
character level up/advancement system will have to be ff tactics
main villain will be caius
summons ff8 and ff12
gameplay x-2
mini-games blitzball/card game/chocobo catching & breeding
item collection/crafting ff12
theme song ff8 (i really love eyes on me)
overall soundtrack ff10
weapon system ff7
weapon designs ff 10 - 14

hmmm the best is really hard to say.
this is my personal opinion about it

characters ff6 would be the best
character level up/advancement system will have to be ff tactics
main villain will be caius
summons ff8 and ff12
gameplay x-2
mini-games blitzball/card game/chocobo catching & breeding
item collection/crafting ff12
theme song ff8 (i really love eyes on me)
overall soundtrack ff10
weapon system ff7
weapon designs ff 10 - 14

Care to elaborate a bit more? I'd like to know exactly why you think along those lines. Always curious to see a Fantasy Fanatic's opinions in more detail.

Personally, I found the summons in Tactics to be the best. Same for gameplay. I love the personality behind the summons in there.

What about VII's weapon system did you find so enjoyable? Why do you prefer Caius? What about the weapon design in X, X-2, XI, XII, XIII-Returns, and XIV? And you like any and all card game & chocobo breeding? In what games?

Care to elaborate a bit more? I'd like to know exactly why you think along those lines. Always curious to see a Fantasy Fanatic's opinions in more detail.

Personally, I found the summons in Tactics to be the best. Same for gameplay. I love the personality behind the summons in there.

What about VII's weapon system did you find so enjoyable? Why do you prefer Caius? What about the weapon design in X, X-2, XI, XII, XIII-Returns, and XIV? And you like any and all card game & chocobo breeding? In what games?

tactics leveling system
i really like the idea that you have to do something and/or anything to get ap for your job skills unlike the other ff games where in you can basically have a single character carry your entire team.

FF7 weapon system
the weapon you equip is directly relevant to the materia you can have, unless of course you have as many master materias that you like.

ff8 & ff12 summons
ff8 for the boost and junction system that it brings
ff12 you can use summons in open world and you have to trigger certain things for them to use their ultimate attacks

Caius
he's not really evil, he just wants history to be not "messed up" and stop seeing yeul die every single time.

recent ff weapon designs are more detailed than classic ff weapon designs simply because of the graphical capability factors of new consoles.

tetra master is probably the deepest ff card game there is (especially the online game)
triple triad is great because you can convert your cards to usable items
i should have specified the ff7 chocobo breeding. i love it because of KOTR

So I've been tossing around this idea about the FFX HD collection - how awesome would Blitzball be for online multiplayer and with DLC? If SE likes Lightning and Cloud so much, why can't I have them playing for my Blitzball team?

Just an idea or 3...
but how should blitzball games online be made? should it be like the ffx mini-game where in you have a team? how do you recruit players? we can't all have a team where everyone has tidus, brother, nimrook etc on everyones team.

or should we have a blitzball games where you create a player, choose your position/stats, then make a guild/team with your friends and other online players?

So what i'm seeing here is that I need to play through Final Fantasy Tactics.

I looked on the vita store cause i remember it being on PS plus for vita... unfortunately i didn't have plus back then! :'( why me...

but how should blitzball games online be made? should it be like the ffx mini-game where in you have a team? how do you recruit players? we can't all have a team where everyone has tidus, brother, nimrook etc on everyones team.

or should we have a blitzball games where you create a player, choose your position/stats, then make a guild/team with your friends and other online players?
I've since talked about this with friends, and I think that all Final Fantasy mini-games should be put into one FF Mini-Game MMO. Think PS Home, but with FF mini-games.

So you could create a main character, recruit other characters that you earn or buy via DLC, and then you play against your friends.

So what i'm seeing here is that I need to play through Final Fantasy Tactics.

I looked on the vita store cause i remember it being on PS plus for vita... unfortunately i didn't have plus back then! :'( why me...

Indubitably. If you want more precise translations, extra Delita scenarios, and two extra jobs (Dark Knight and Onion Knight) then go with The War of the Lions. But you will miss out on the awesome texts the characters say when casting magic sometimes. Why they removed that in the remake, I'll never know. "Mighty breeze, heal from the sky! Cure4!" And it seems like the remake had extra slow down during battles.

I've since talked about this with friends, and I think that all Final Fantasy mini-games should be put into one FF Mini-Game MMO. Think PS Home, but with FF mini-games.

So you could create a main character, recruit other characters that you earn or buy via DLC, and then you play against your friends.
A Final Fantasy Game that is dedicated for mini-games only... count me in.

A Final Fantasy Game that is dedicated for mini-games only... count me in.

What about a full fledged Final Fantasy title that incorporates an in-depth, Golden Saucer-esque venue that utilizes all the past minigames and some new ones as well? I think that would be absolutely fantastic. And have the Golden Saucer portion online as well. Hell, I need to send this idea to Square Enix for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn!

What about a full fledged Final Fantasy title that incorporates an in-depth, Golden Saucer-esque venue that utilizes all the past minigames and some new ones as well? I think that would be absolutely fantastic. And have the Golden Saucer portion online as well. Hell, I need to send this idea to Square Enix for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn!
I spent so much time on that damn snowboarding game at the Golden Saucer in FFVII

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"