Ridiculous Trophies

stolenxnametag

PSLS Level: Kraken
PSLS Ambassador
I've been trying since 2009 to get the Completist trophy on Katamari Forever, which requires that you collect 100% of the stuff in the game. If you own the game, then you know how difficult that is. Do any of you have a ridiculous trophy that has been eating at you forever?

oh god I wish I knew where to begin, I must have at least three or four for every game I have, actually probably more then that.

Absolutely! Urgh, like @Jacky said, where to begin? Getting top rank on GTA IV's multiplayer killed me. I actually quit trying because it was a massive waste of time. I 100%'d the single player, and that one kept me from the Platinum.

Also, Vanquish's challenge maps, or whatever they are called. They are so difficult and frustrating, and the only thing keeping me from that Platinum. With 303 games with trophies tracked, and about 2/3rds of them not completed, I'd say there are plenty (I'll add any to this thread as I find or remember them. Good topic!)

A lot of the Little Big Planet ones because they require a bunch of people playing your stuff, and getting people to help you out with stuff.

More than that though Super Stardust HD Late Boomer.

15 bombs, using bombs to get more bombs, having to weave and time things just right, bloody hell!

A lot of the Little Big Planet ones because they require a bunch of people playing your stuff, and getting people to help you out with stuff.

15 bombs, using bombs to get more bombs, having to weave and time things just right, bloody hell!
Oh the Late Boomer trophy from SSHD. I hate that trophy.

HAHAHA
Some of those LittleBigPlanet trophies are out of control.

Right now my most hated is Finders Keepers on Thief. It requires you to find ALL secret areas. There's at least over 50 and only one person has gotten the trophy so far. Also, there's no way to track how many you've been to or in what chapter. If you buy the companion app you can track the total, but you still have no idea where you've gotten them. The map is pretty terrible.

I hate all story-related trophies. Are you really going to reward me for something I was already planning on doing? Story-related trophies/achievements are like the video game equivalent of precipitation awards/trophies "Here have a trophy for just turning up!"

I hate all story-related trophies. Are you really going to reward me for something I was already planning on doing? Story-related trophies/achievements are like the video game equivalent of precipitation awards/trophies "Here have a trophy for just turning up!"
So then you hate Tale Tell Games having trophies. XD

Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, etc.

I don't hate story based trophies. I mean for 1 it tells someone how far you got into a game. I've checked to make sure someone has beaten a story chapter, before I go and start a discussion with them on the PSN about a game. I don't think you can get mad at someone for getting trophies on Dark Souls or Demon Souls for beating something. It's a very unforgiving series.

Is it really wrong for games to have trophies like Infamous did where you had to make 2 different decisions for all the trophies?

I think that every part of trophies, there are right ways to do it, and wrong ways to do it. On Tales of Graces F I like to know how many chapters in I am, and how many more i have. Plus sometimes the story related trophies are freaking hilarious.

What ever you do, don't put in a JRPG though. A lot of those trophies pop before you even start the game. XD Now you're getting rewarded for putting the game in and grabbing some food.

You must hate this then :p

It seriously took me 3 years of occasional tries to find one last blast shard on that game. Ridiculous how that one trophy pretty much screws some people out of the platinum.

It seriously took me 3 years of occasional tries to find one last blast shard on that game. Ridiculous how that one trophy pretty much screws some people out of the platinum.
Always helps to give people a margin of error. It's also one of the most platinumed games. So it can't be said to be ridiculously hard.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/02/trophy-hunters-here-are-your-top-10-platinums/

We dug around the servers, and here’s the list, ranked by total Platinum Trophies earned:

1. Assassin’s Creed II
  2. Modern Warfare 2
  3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  4. God of War 3
  5. Resident Evil 5
  6. inFamous
  7. Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune
  8. God of War (GoW HD Collection)
  9. Borderlands
  10. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (The Sly Collection)

You know what trophy really sucks?

Plants Versus Zombies Vita.

Getting the jackpot trophy. You play the same mini game over and over again until you get lucky. That's it. Nothing more nothing less.

any metal gear trophy is ridiculous, I'm still going insane over trying to platinum metal gear rising. those damn vr trophies

So then you hate Tale Tell Games having trophies. XD

Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, etc.

I don't hate story based trophies. I mean for 1 it tells someone how far you got into a game. I've checked to make sure someone has beaten a story chapter, before I go and start a discussion with them on the PSN about a game. I don't think you can get mad at someone for getting trophies on Dark Souls or Demon Souls for beating something. It's a very unforgiving series.

Is it really wrong for games to have trophies like Infamous did where you had to make 2 different decisions for all the trophies?

I think that every part of trophies, there are right ways to do it, and wrong ways to do it. On Tales of Graces F I like to know how many chapters in I am, and how many more i have. Plus sometimes the story related trophies are freaking hilarious.

What ever you do, don't put in a JRPG though. A lot of those trophies pop before you even start the game. XD Now you're getting rewarded for putting the game in and grabbing some food.

Well hate is a strong word and yeah sure I'm willing to except that there are examples of games where you have to work to earn the story trophies but sometimes there's too many story trophies. I'm not the best at earning trophies and most of mine are the basic ones and only a few of the difficult trophies but when I play a game and the it just gives me a trophy for finishing the game it feels like the game is going "Well you finished the game, I guess that's something!" I don't need your non-sentient pity videogame!

Also I just want to note I'm not getting at gamers just the guys who make games were almost all the trophies are story-based since we want a few challenges for our money. But yeah you're right about Dark Souls and Demon Souls, those games really do make you work to finish the game.

You must hate this then :p

Well to be fair it's satire on the concept of story-based trophies plus sometimes the start button is really hard to press, have you tried it I mean they make you press that button the whole way in!

LittleBigPlanet really isn't that bad if you use a boosting thread to get people to play your levels. According to my profile LBP took me 13 days to platinum and LBP2 took me 10 days to platinum.

I was actually the 46th person to platinum LBP2.:)

Last edited:
LittleBigPlanet really isn't that bad if you use a boosting thread to get people to play your levels. According to my profile LBP took me 13 days to platinum and LBP2 took me 10 days to platinum.

I know but... I hate having to boost trophies.

I guess I should try for those trophies. Maybe we should have a Trophy Boosting section XD

Well hate is a strong word and yeah sure I'm willing to except that there are examples of games where you have to work to earn the story trophies but sometimes there's too many story trophies. I'm not the best at earning trophies and most of mine are the basic ones and only a few of the difficult trophies but when I play a game and the it just gives me a trophy for finishing the game it feels like the game is going "Well you finished the game, I guess that's something!" I don't need your non-sentient pity videogame!

Also I just want to note I'm not getting at gamers just the guys who make games were almost all the trophies are story-based since we want a few challenges for our money. But yeah you're right about Dark Souls and Demon Souls, those games really do make you work to finish the game.

Well to be fair it's satire on the concept of story-based trophies plus sometimes the start button is really hard to press, have you tried it I mean they make you press that button the whole way in!
You'd hate the Xbox One.

Trophies on Netflix, Hulu, and other stuff for watching and voting. So boost your score by being a data point for a company. XD

The "Actually Quite Good" trophy is LBP2, where you have to score in the top 25% for 5 community levels that have had 50+ visitors is crazy. It's not bad if you pre-ordered the game and got the trophy soon thereafter (that's what I did), but for people playing now - I think that would be a different story.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"