Recent Gaming Purchases

Stephen Bitto

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone!

Looks like we lost this thread as well! :(

Anywho, just like the title implies, let us know your most recent gaming purchases! If you got a deal feel free to share that too!

Picked up Telltale's Game of Thrones from Best Buy! Only $11.99 with the Gamers Club Unlocked subscription.

I missed the flash sale where it was only $5 (I think) unfortunately but at least this is a retail version.

Picked up Telltale's Game of Thrones from Best Buy! Only $11.99 with the Gamers Club Unlocked subscription.

I missed the flash sale where it was only $5 (I think) unfortunately but at least this is a retail version.
Nice. I just nabbed it recently myself (for PS4), albeit for $20. Once I noticed it dropped from $30 to $20 on Amazon (may have been Prime-exclusive at the time, though I see it listed now for $15... figures), I figured it was good enough to grab it.

A short while later, I took advantage of Amazon Prime's new game discount to pick up a physical copy of Life Is Strange for PS4 for a few bucks cheaper a few days or so after its release. Been playing that recently, and while I have some minor gripes, I'm very much enjoying the experience overall. Just banged out episodes 2 and 3 over the weekend.

A short while after grabbing that, I used the same discount on a pre-order for Gravity Rush Remastered, which should be arriving tomorrow (well, later today, technically). Very much looking forward to that, since I never got a Vita to play the original on.

I realized I had an old GameStop gift card lying around with a few bucks on it, so I checked out their website to see if they had anything worthwhile, and wound up ordering Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze pre-owned, since it was discounted pretty considerably, on top of my gift card and a Power Up discount. Came out to around $26 out of pocket, so I'm happy with that, as long as it arrives in decent condition. (Willing to make a DIY case if needed, but would definitely prefer original packaging and -- if it had one to begin with -- booklet. Always a gamble with used games, so we'll just have to see...)
Edit: Well color me impressed, GameStop. Not only was that a quick delivery, but the game is in nearly perfect condition. Cheers.

Other than that, a couple of minor things here and there: Renown Pack VII DLC for Warframe, renewed FFXIV subscription... Think that just about covers the past month or so.

Last edited:
Snagged LEGO Jurassic World today for Vita via Woot for only $7.99! Also picked up Life is Strange on PSN since I had $9 and change in credit. It ended up being a little more than $10 which isn't bad at all considering I've heard great things.

12714510_10153854111783211_2014111563_n.jpg

I bought a brand new ps3 console (500 gb)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (vita)

God of War Ascension collector's edition ps3

Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition ps4

One punch man vol 8 and 9

i got uncharted 4 steel case version and also valkyrie chronicles remaster on PO.

street-fighter-t-n-c-03-chunli-448001.8.jpg

This month I "bleed" alot.

I'm so glad I decided to hold out a bit longer on this one: Dying Light. Within a couple months of the time I first started seriously considering picking it up, I saw the announcement for the enhanced edition, so I said screw the original. On top of that, since that time, Amazon started offering pre-order/new release discounts to Prime members, so I get to cash in on that as well. I traded in an anime series for ~$25, so combined with the Prime discount, I only paid around $26 for the enhanced edition. Should be here Tuesday or so. Excited. I played the demo for the original a bunch and watched some videos, and it seems like everything I could hope for from a zombie game. Trying to work on my backlog a bit, while I have some extra free time, so Dying Light may have to wait a bit, but I'm looking forward to it all the same, and am quite content with the price I paid for it. ^^

On somewhat of a whim, I just now ordered FFXIII. Like new, non-Greatest Hits, $10 w/ shipping. Why not. Despite everyone's complaints about the FFXIII games, I always wanted to play them for myself rather than just going with the popular hate. I always expected them to eventually re-release them in a trilogy box set, which I'm quite surprised they never did, so for now, I'll at least grab the original, and keep an eye out for potential HD remasters in the future (since that seems to be the big craze nowadays). If that doesn't come to be, then I'll just try to pick up XIII-2 and Lightning Returns at some point or other. (The latter piqued my curiosity when I started hearing tidbits about Lightning's role in the series at that point, and basically gave me a bigger reason to want to play the games.)

Snagged Dying Light on Black Friday for $15. My brother and I plan to play it coop in the near future. (You can play that coop, right?)

I also picked up Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor GotY Edition today for $11.99 from Best Buy. Not bad for a game I feel like I should play.

I believe so, yes, though I haven't experimented with the online gameplay yet, myself, so I'm not sure exactly how it works.
My brother and I played the first Dead Island together and it was a blast. Hopefully Dying Light is similar with a few less glitches!

My brother and I played the first Dead Island together and it was a blast. Hopefully Dying Light is similar with a few less glitches!
Never played Dead Island, but I typically see Dying Light referred to as "what Dead Island should have been," so I imagine it should satisfy. =p I've yet to encounter any glitches or anything, aside from just having the game crash on me once. ...Likely due to building a mountain of corpses in a confined space, thus making the physics engine go a little crazy, heh. In its early days, there was a neat bug, though, where you could exploit the Melee Throw ability to duplicate weapons.

Edit: I finally checked the link on a slip included in my game, and it led me to look up some stuff. Check these out when you start your game.
http://letter.dyinglightgame.com - Link from aforementioned insert.
http://dockets.dyinglightgame.com - Where you'll wanna go with what's provided by the above link.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dyinglight - Dying Light reddit. More dockets in the sidebar.

Last edited:
Never played Dead Island, but I typically see Dying Light referred to as "what Dead Island should have been," so I imagine it should satisfy. =p I've yet to encounter any glitches or anything, aside from just having the game crash on me once. ...Likely due to building a mountain of corpses in a confined space, thus making the physics engine go a little crazy, heh. In its early days, there was a neat bug, though, where you could exploit the Melee Throw ability to duplicate weapons.

Edit: I finally checked the link on a slip included in my game, and it led me to look up some stuff. Check these out when you start your game.
http://letter.dyinglightgame.com - Link from aforementioned insert.
http://dockets.dyinglightgame.com - Where you'll wanna go with what's provided by the above link.
https://www.reddit.com/r/dyinglight - Dying Light reddit. More dockets in the sidebar.

Thanks for the tips! I'll check this stuff out!

While the actual purchase (pre-order) was made a while ago, I just got my Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD today! :D I probably shouldn't hop into it right away, though, seeing as I need to get back to Gravity Rush Remastered and still have Dying Light to continue. ^^; Excited, though, as I enjoyed the original on GameCube quite a bit.

While the actual purchase (pre-order) was made a while ago, I just got my Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD today! :D I probably shouldn't hop into it right away, though, seeing as I need to get back to Gravity Rush Remastered and still have Dying Light to continue. ^^; Excited, though, as I enjoyed the original on GameCube quite a bit.

Awesome. I left Nintendo after 64 so there's a major gap in my knowledge of Nintendo releases.

Gamestop was having a 4 for 20 sale so I picked up Assassin's Creed, Oblivion, Far Cry 3, and RDR Undead Nightmare. The first two there are just nostalgic additions for my collection but I'm excited to play Far Cry 3 since I received Blood Dragon with PS Plus and Undead Nightmare because RDR was just so great.

I grabbed Rock Band Blitz for the 20 songs, and I grabbed Peggle Masters for the DLC.

I grabbed Super Mario World on the 3DS and will be grabbing Earthbound.

Today I'm Pre-ordering Day of the Tentacle.

I grabbed Rock Band Blitz for the 20 songs, and I grabbed Peggle Masters for the DLC.

I grabbed Super Mario World on the 3DS and will be grabbing Earthbound.

Today I'm Pre-ordering Day of the Tentacle.

Nice! You'll have to let us know if Day of the Tentacle holds up ok!

Nice! You'll have to let us know if Day of the Tentacle holds up ok!
I actually had to put Day of the Tentacle on hold for a week. I'm gonna grab the smite founders pack. All the gods for $15 just has to take priority over, a game I have been wanting to play (but couldn't because of DOS issues) for over a decade. Cause... 1 is on sale for now, the other will be that price fo eva! (or less) lol

I pre-ordered two PlayStation VR bundles. Not sure if I'll keep both but I did one through Amazon and one through Best Buy. Best Buy is likely the one I'll keep but I feel like if anyone cancels pre-orders, it'll be BB.

Anyone else snatch up PSVR?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oompa08
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"