PSLS’ Morning Wood Ep. 075: Too Many Games, Not Enough Photo Modes

stolenxnametag

PSLS Level: Kraken
PSLS Ambassador
episode-075.png

On Morning Wood Epi-sode 075, @Chandler Wood and @D'yani break the format of reiterating news and answer 3 emails very well. For long time viewers, this episode is one that will bring you back to the spontaneity you might have been missing, complete with a cat fight, D'yani talking about being interesting to viewers, and Chandler talking up photo modes like a boss. Word to your double-shout!

Photo Modes
I don't recall ever using a photo mode in a game since the camera in the first Metal Gear Solid. I mean - do you really need it in PS4 games if you already have the ability to push the 'Share' button and save the pictures to your PS4 and / or share them to Facebook / Twitter? I guess that I can see the allure for some people, but it does not appeal to me at all.

More Games Than Time
This is a huge problem that I have! I have so many games and not enough opportunities to play them. I just started playing Outlast for the first time this past week, and I have really enjoyed it so far. Of course, I have not gotten very far - my motivations to do other things have recently been outweighing my gaming time. Nonetheless, I have been playing a bit of One Piece Unlimited World Red and anticipating the release of Destiny. My Vita still gets the most love, but I tend to play longer games on Vita than on other platforms. This leads me into the PlayStation Plus gap, where I keep getting free games that I have not yet made time to play over the last few years. The backlog just keeps growing and growing!

Early Adopter Folk
As an early adopted both the PS4 and Vita, I have not run into any dissatisfaction or regrets on my purchases. I have already had well over $400 worth of enjoyment out of my PS4, and well over the $300ish I paid for the Vita and accessories for it. I think when many people see a new platform arriving, they assume that it will be just as loaded as the former on the day it drops. I blame our incredible access to information via the Internet, but it could just be a bunch of entitled games being ridiculous as well.

Rogue Legacy Interview
ERRRMERRRGERRRRDDDD!! I keep wanting to play this game more and more. "Soon," I keep telling myself, but I keep forgetting to pull the trigger and make it happen. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky winners from the PSLS contest. hahaha

Photo Modes
I don't recall ever using a photo mode in a game since the camera in the first Metal Gear Solid. I mean - do you really need it in PS4 games if you already have the ability to push the 'Share' button and save the pictures to your PS4 and / or share them to Facebook / Twitter? I guess that I can see the allure for some people, but it does not appeal to me at all.
I would say the appeal here is that it goes along with the Share button, rather than overrides it. It allows you to position the camera, set the focus, coloring, etc. etc. etc. and then take away the HUD and the Share button for an awesome shot. It's more to be able to do the sharing thing without being limited by the in game camera and HUD (not to mention taking some of those awesome 'promo style' screenshots and being able to say they are definitively in game!).

Oh and PLAY ROGUE LEGACY! Addiction sets in.

I would say the appeal here is that it goes along with the Share button, rather than overrides it. It allows you to position the camera, set the focus, coloring, etc. etc. etc. and then take away the HUD and the Share button for an awesome shot. It's more to be able to do the sharing thing without being limited by the in game camera and HUD (not to mention taking some of those awesome 'promo style' screenshots and being able to say they are definitively in game!)

Gotta agree with my man Chan here. I felt the same way as you, SxNt. For me, Second Son was a lackluster game, but when they added the photo mode complete with blur and f.stop capabilities, it made the game just a tiny better for me, as I enjoyed the lighting and particle effects.

Great episode as usual.

GTA V has a nifty photo mode complete with photo enhancement options and the ability to upload it to the GTA Community website. I think if photo mode is used right it can become a vital part of the gameplay experience. It would have been nice in GTA V to use the camera for more than just pics and selfies but as an actual game tool where taking pictures of police doing bad things and then emailing them to LSPD could earn you bribery favors with your wanted level.

In Silent Hill Shattered Memories you use your smart phone to take pictures of ghosts and reveal additional information during the game. Imagine the level of immersion video games would have if including a photo mode properly was actually implemented. Imagine playing a multiplayer or co-op game and taking a photo of something important like an enemy map, the hidden combination to a puzzle or the detonation sequence to a bomb and then posting it in-game and in real time for your team to see. :)

Great episode as usual.

GTA V has a nifty photo mode complete with photo enhancement options and the ability to upload it to the GTA Community website. I think if photo mode is used right it can become a vital part of the gameplay experience. It would have been nice in GTA V to use the camera for more than just pics and selfies but as an actual game tool where taking pictures of police doing bad things and then emailing them to LSPD could earn you bribery favors with your wanted level.

In Silent Hill Shattered Memories you use your smart phone to take pictures of ghosts and reveal additional information during the game. Imagine the level of immersion video games would have if including a photo mode properly was actually implemented. Imagine playing a multiplayer or co-op game and taking a photo of something important like an enemy map, the hidden combination to a puzzle or the detonation sequence to a bomb and then posting it in-game and in real time for your team to see. :)
I would be all in for a camera mode that did something innovative and realistic like taking pictures to send to someone so they could give you feedback. That would be awesome!

I would be all in for a camera mode that did something innovative and realistic like taking pictures to send to someone so they could give you feedback. That would be awesome!
The photos that are taken in GTA V are uploaded to the Rockstar Social Club and can be rated there.

It would have been nice in GTA V to use the camera for more than just pics and selfies but as an actual game tool where taking pictures of police doing bad things and then emailing them to LSPD could earn you bribery favors with your wanted level.
Speed Test

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"