PS2 wish list for PS4

AncLEoniX

PSLS Level: Newbie
Hello everyone new here and wanted to see what you alls impressions are of the new ps2 games coming to ps4. Also what would you love to see?
For me I wanna say smugglers run, black, red dead revolver, older tony hawk games, and need for speed underground 1+2. Tell me what ya think.

I want them to bring over From Software's library. With all the game they have now, armored core and king's Field would be accepted well.

I'd say Xenosaga but number 2 just needs to be redone to not suck.

Gitaroo Man
Gauntlet Legends
Grandia 2 if they can fix all the issues, glitches, etc...
Grandia 3
Star Ocean
Suidoken Tactics
Katamari games

My wishlist of PS2 games to released on PS4.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Resident Evil 4 Remastered
Valkyrie Profile 2

The Xenosaga series. I never got around to finishing it on PS2...
The SMT games (Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner, Nocturne)
Wild Arms 3-5

The Xenosaga series. I never got around to finishing it on PS2...
The SMT games (Digital Devil Saga, Devil Summoner, Nocturne)
Wild Arms 3-5
I left Xenosaga off because 2 was such an utter disappointment and piece of crap.

New Art Style, super ultra linear, no shops, just grind, fight an unforgiving boss fight, grind, fight an unforgiving boss fight, and with several hour long Cinematics that look so completely different than the first game making everyone look weird.

Suidoken Tactics
Glad to see someone else has played this, and enjoyed it enough to want more of it. More Suikoden love in general is always great. I know IV was 90% hated, but I'd love to see III, IV, Tactics, and V on PS4, or at least IV-V, since III only recently got released as a PS2 Classic on PS3.

Valkyrie Profile 2
This would be fantastic to see. Granted, owners of the original can use component cables and progressive scan to upscale to 720p (JP version goes to 1080p, supposedly), a proper 1080p upscale w/ trophy support would be fabulous. (And while they're at it, I don't believe the original ever got a PS1 Classic release, did it? Sure, there's Lenneth on PSP, but ports haven't stopped them with other titles...)

Now here's a series that seems to have sorely missed out on a lot of love other series have been getting these days, between HD remasters and ports. I only ever played the original, but between my own experience with that and general comments I've heard about the others, this seems like it would be a great choice to upscale and port.

As for my own choice(s), I'm not sure I want to compile a list, but a title or two off the top of my head (or, rather, off my shelf at a glance)... Some Fatal Frame love would be great, although the first three all got PS2 Classics. Front Mission 4 would be great as a Classic or otherwise, and maybe they could even look into finally releasing FM5 in the west via this method? (Others, too. Would be cool to see it used as an excuse to finally localize various titles.) Legaia 2: Duel Saga, perhaps? I would say the Mana Khemia games, but they had pretty poor graphics even for their time, so I can't imagine HD upscales would be in high demand.

My issue with Onimusha is that the game kinda had tank controls (the first one) and ironically Devil May Cry was a bastard child of Resident Evil, and Onimusha.

So I think that was enough to make me just not have interest in the Onimusha series. Maybe if they fixed the tank controls...

Speaking of which, I kinda want to say I want a PS2 port of Chaos Legion, but that was such a weird game I don't even know if I liked it. I played it, and I kept wanting to play it but it was SOOooo weird.

Devil May Cry director basically made Devil May Pikmin I guess is the only way to describe it. It's the sort of Hack N' Slash with minions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"