Hello everyone!

SpadeX

PSLS Level: Newbie
How's it going everyone? I'm not new to the website I've been reading on PSLS for a long time, just stumbled across the forums :D So to introduce myself, I'm 19 turning 20 soon, living in Dubai, I'm a huge PlayStation and inFamous fan, started gaming at the age of 6 (PS1 was my first gaming console of course), moved to PS2 then X360 then PS3, now I'm saving money for a PS4. (Gotta get me some Second Son love). Feel free to add me on PSN: II-SpadeX-II.

Edit: looks like this forum is dead? :(

Last edited:
Hey SpadeX, the forum isn't dead really, but it isn't overly alive either.. We are just chugging along and hoping that more people join into the conversation.

So please, stick around and chat with us.

Hey SpadeX, the forum isn't dead really, but it isn't overly alive either.. We are just chugging along and hoping that more people join into the conversation.

So please, stick around and chat with us.

No problem, I will try to be as active as possible around here. The forums seem to be fairly new, pretty sure lots of people will join over time. :)

Welcome, hola, bienvenido, konnichi wa, etc..
Welcome to the forums, i hope you have lots of fun and enjoy some of our topics, don't be afraid to post your own thread because everyone's thoughts and opinions are welcome. We aren't a dead forum, it may seem like it at times to some people i guess, hope to see lots of posts from ya and i loom forward to seeing what you have to say. Welcome to the forums! Enjoy!

Welcome to the PSLS forums! What is gaming life like in Dubai? Do you guys get game releases the same time as everyone else or is there a delay?

Welcome to the PSLS forums! What is gaming life like in Dubai? Do you guys get game releases the same time as everyone else or is there a delay?
Thanks, gaming life here is although a little more pricey than other regions, it's pretty good, we get almost every new game that releases the same day as any Region 2 (European) game since that's the region of the games we're getting over here, although there are some games that have been banned unfortunately like the GTA series and the Mass Effect series, but we can still get them online or from grey markets. :p
Most gamers here however are mainly just Call of Duty/Battlefield or Fifa/PES enthusiasts (or basically any internationally super popular franchise players), you'd less likely see anyone who played anything else.

Thanks, gaming life here is although a little more pricey than other regions, it's pretty good, we get almost every new game that releases the same day as any Region 2 (European) game since that's the region of the games we're getting over here, although there are some games that have been banned unfortunately like the GTA series and the Mass Effect series, but we can still get them online or from grey markets. :p
Most gamers here however are mainly just Call of Duty/Battlefield or Fifa/PES enthusiasts (or basically any internationally super popular franchise players), you'd less likely see anyone who played anything else.

Not many PS Vita gamers then I take it? :p

In all seriousness, that is very interesting. I always love hearing how life is for gamers in other parts of the world.

Not many PS Vita gamers then I take it? :p

In all seriousness, that is very interesting. I always love hearing how life is for gamers in other parts of the world.

Yup, PS Vita is selling quite poorly over here, my friend owns one though, and I'm planning to get one as well once I get a hold of a PS4. :D

And yeah same here, I love reading stuff about how gaming is going on in other countries, maybe you want to join me and tell us about gaming life in your state? :D

Welcome @SpadeX!
What games are in popular demand in Dubai? I have honestly not read much about the gaming scene in that part of the world, so it would be interesting to read some of your experiences with other gamers.

Welcome @SpadeX!
What games are in popular demand in Dubai? I have honestly not read much about the gaming scene in that part of the world, so it would be interesting to read some of your experiences with other gamers.

Thanks!
Since most gamers around here are casual, you'd see them playing Call of Duty/Fifa or PC games like League of Legends, Dota 2 or World of Warcraft, these franchises are probably the best selling ones here in Dubai, thats probably because they're advertised so well, still, other franchises sometimes can sell well enough like Assassin's Creed, and Far Cry, but not as overwhelming as the formerly mentioned games. It's due to the terrible advertisement of video games in here, you'd barely see any ads/banners/ TV commercials of a game and if you do its either a Call of Duty game or a Fifa ad. It's really a shame not seeing a cool ad of games like Dying Light, The Order 1886, or Dragon Age Inquisition despite how good these games are, I would bet that they'd sell like hot cakes if they were advertised well enough. Anyway the gamers I've previously mentioned are the majority around here, that doesn't mean we "core" gamers don't get the support we desire :D
Every year, almost 3 comic cons are held in Dubai, one of them is created by IGN themselves! And they're quite good, I mean who doesn't love taking photos with other cosplayers and buying gaming merchandise, am I right? :D

Oh and about my experiences with other gamers, I luckily met 2 awesome guys in high school who I was shocked when I realized they're also core gamers like me, we got along, made a gaming group and became friends, I'm really glad I've met them because you'd rarely find any around here and it's really awesome to have real-life gaming friends.

So that's pretty much it, sorry for the long post, I kinda get worked up while discussing these kind of stuff..
Have a good day. :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"