does the trophy list affect your purchase?

I got my ps3 in 2009, so what if all my games go back that far. my oldest game is devil may cry 4 I think
I was just commenting that most games are mandatory trophies. So saying half your games don't have trophies means that you don't buy too many games from the past 2 or 3 years.

I have more games with trophies than you can possibly own without trophies. I have a crap load of PS3 games. My save files up in the cloud are in the hundreds. I just buy a ton of games cheap or get a ton from 3 or 4 years of PS Plus.

Last edited:
I was just commenting that most games are mandatory trophies. So saying half your games don't have trophies means that you don't buy too many games from the past 2 or 3 years.

I have more games with trophies than you can possibly own without trophies. I have a crap load of PS3 games. My save files up in the cloud are in the hundreds. I just buy a ton of games cheap or get a ton from 3 or 4 years of PS Plus.

the half that are comprised of ps2 classic downloads, psp games, or my devil may cry 4 game as well as hydrophobia.

the half that are comprised of ps2 classic downloads, psp games, or my devil may cry 4 game as well as hydrophobia.
Oh I see. You're counting previous generations emulated on the PS3.

I don't count those. I consider them not as PS3 games or part of a PS3 game collection but as a game collection that can also be played on the PS3.

Just like how even though I can emulate games on my PC doesn't mean I count them on my PC game collection and how I don't count my PS2 games as part of my PS3 collection even though 1 of my 2 PS3s is backwards compatible.

Oh I see. You're counting previous generations emulated on the PS3.

I don't count those. I consider them not as PS3 games or part of a PS3 game collection but as a game collection that can also be played on the PS3.

Just like how even though I can emulate games on my PC doesn't mean I count them on my PC game collection and how I don't count my PS2 games as part of my PS3 collection even though 1 of my 2 PS3s is backwards compatible.

what would you call devil may cry 4 since it isn't a ps2 game but a ps3/360 game

Trophies are one of the several factors that I take into account when buying new games (not classics, minis, or PSMmobile - New). Just like I consider gameplay, storyline, character models, sound, and overall graphics, trophies are just another extra factor when making a new purchase. Two of my friends and I have short trophy competitions, so I decide if the game is going to leave me enough time to compete if it doesn't have trophies.

A lack of platinums isn't something that I consider as a gamebreaker. I instead see that as an opportunity to save time. I still play my PS1 games and I play my wife's 3DS occasionally. Trophies aren't everything to me, but they're something.

Trophies are one of the several factors that I take into account when buying new games (not classics, minis, or PSMmobile - New). Just like I consider gameplay, storyline, character models, sound, and overall graphics, trophies are just another extra factor when making a new purchase. Two of my friends and I have short trophy competitions, so I decide if the game is going to leave me enough time to compete if it doesn't have trophies.

A lack of platinums isn't something that I consider as a gamebreaker. I instead see that as an opportunity to save time. I still play my PS1 games and I play my wife's 3DS occasionally. Trophies aren't everything to me, but they're something.
Most of the PS1 games I play are typically on the Vita.

I had some trophy competitions. 2 of them soared to like Dragon82 and higher levels.

2 of them gave up. XD

Trophies do not affect my decision to purchase a game at all. Most times I don't even look at the trophy list until after I've already purchased the game.

I feel that trophies are just an added bonus and therefore don't affect whether or not I purchase a game. That being said I usually only shoot for a 60% completion rate anyways.

I actually told a fib on that, I didn't get Resistance because it had no trophies, so in that case yes I suppose it does affect my decision. Heh.

Personally, I never even check a trophy list until I purchase the game and even then, it is after I finish it to see if there is any fun ideas for expanded gameplay.

Well, I didn't even know you could look at a games trophy list before you bought it. I guess that just shows how little I care about trophies. They don't actually exist do they? :confused:

Well, I didn't even know you could look at a games trophy list before you bought it. I guess that just shows how little I care about trophies. They don't actually exist do they? :confused:
The internet has a massive trophy community, with many places posting the trophy lists before the game even releases. There is a massive cultural support of trophies (which you can obviously tell I am a part of).

The internet has a massive trophy community, with many places posting the trophy lists before the game even releases. There is a massive cultural support of trophies (which you can obviously tell I am a part of).
Also, PSLS occasionally posts trophy lists when they're revealed. :-D

if the games i like to play have trophies or "easy" trophies, it gives the extra motivation to go for the plat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"