Best Atelier in the Series?

GneilEuix

PSLS Level: Newbie
I'm kinda Interested with this series. Anyone who have played it that could help me decide on what to get? I could only get 1 game per 3 months thisyear so yeah, I have to think reaaaaaaaaally hard.

The Vita T.V. is the worst thing to happen to my PS3. It feels like suddenly cross-buy isn't as important. As long as the game works on Vita T.V. that might be the version to get. Unless it's on PS4, then all bets are off. XD

Though long live cross-buy.

I played Atelier Totori Plus on Vita. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I really couldn't enjoy it much.

My hype about an Atelier game just run out, now I'm looking at FFX HD, Killzone Mercenary or Re;birth 2, but I still haven't beaten the first game so I think that could wait.

My hype about an Atelier game just run out, now I'm looking at FFX HD, Killzone Mercenary or Re;birth 2, but I still haven't beaten the first game so I think that could wait.

That final fantasy HD remake is such a great deal at $30 for two awesome games, you can't really go wrong.

That final fantasy HD remake is such a great deal at $30 for two awesome games, you can't really go wrong.
Technically you can.

You can buy the Vita version and your hands get sore from holding the Vita to long, or maybe the game doesn't upscale well enough on big t.v.s on the PS TV

You can also buy the PS3 version and then regret it because you want to play it when you're not at home, not in front of your t.v...

I've been debating on just getting hte digital version of 1 of them. Just can't justify the physical of both, and can't decide between and I might not even like X because I didn't like X the first time I played it. Loved blitzball though.

Technically you can.

You can buy the Vita version and your hands get sore from holding the Vita to long, or maybe the game doesn't upscale well enough on big t.v.s on the PS TV

You can also buy the PS3 version and then regret it because you want to play it when you're not at home, not in front of your t.v...

I've been debating on just getting hte digital version of 1 of them. Just can't justify the physical of both, and can't decide between and I might not even like X because I didn't like X the first time I played it. Loved blitzball though.

Honestly, Blitzball is the only thing that kinda make me think of buying X, I got a feeling about X that, I played it once, enjoyed it but I wanna leave it there. @_@

So yeah, I got my funds so can you help me decide on this:

Danganronpa 2
X/X-2 HD Remastered
Killzone Mercenary
Atelier Meruru Plus
Tales of Hearts R

Your insights about this list will really help me alot.

Honestly, Blitzball is the only thing that kinda make me think of buying X, I got a feeling about X that, I played it once, enjoyed it but I wanna leave it there. @_@

Danganronpa 2
X/X-2 HD Remastered
Killzone Mercenary
Atelier Meruru Plus
Tales of Hearts R

I would stay away from Danganropa 2. Especially if you don't have 1. They might bundle them or discount them or something before too long.

Killzone Mercenary goes on sale for $20 or cheaper fairly regularly, Atelier Meruru Plus I would grab if you have played and like the series, and you know what you're getting into. Tales of Hearts R, as long as you like the Tales series should be good. However it might be due for a sale before too long..

The problem is I don't know what you're itching for. Maybe look the games up on Amazon and grab what ever you think will give you the most enjoyment per dollar.

Danganronpa 2
X/X-2 HD Remastered
Killzone Mercenary
Atelier Meruru Plus
Tales of Hearts R

Have you tried the demo for Citizens of Earth? Did you play Earthbound/Mother? Maybe that's a good enough game at a good enough price point.

As for the Atelier games, I've only played Totori and Ayesha, myself, so far, but if you're looking to get one on PSV, I'd say you should probably pick up either Atelier Rorona Plus or Atelier Ayesha Plus.

Rorona: From the PS3 era of the series, this one marks the beginning, and it got some pretty significant improvements to the graphics, battles, and alchemy system, making it much more up-to-date with the other entries in the series. Totori and Meruru are both sequels to Rorona, and while not necessarily important to the main plotlines of each game, there are recurring characters, and as such, they make some references that you may feel somewhat left out of if you haven't played the previous entries. If you like this one, then you can continue on to Totori and Meruru for the continuity.

Ayesha: This one marks the beginning of the Dusk trilogy (Ayesha, Escha & Logy, Shallie), which is entirely separate from the Arland trilogy, so it would give the same kind of fresh start that Rorona would, easing you into the world. Being from the more recent trilogy, the game has all sorts of improvements over its predecessors, so you may (or may not) find this a more enjoyable experience. This only got a Plus release stateside this month, so Escha & Logy may be a few months off for us yet, but at the rate things are going for the series, I'm fairly certain that we'll get that one as well, so when the time comes, if you enjoyed Ayesha enough, you could continue the trilogy with that (and, eventually, Shallie, which I'm sure will also get a Plus version eventually).

Additionally/alternatively, if either is available digitally, I'd recommend the PSP ports of the Mana Khemia games, which were a spin-off of the Atelier series. Frankly, both MK games had far superior combat systems to those of the Atelier games I've played thus far (although they're definitely improving with each entry), not to mention some badass battle themes. (I <3 the BGM change option in the PS3 Atelier games, simply because they offer MK's battle themes.) And since they're spin-offs of the Atelier series, it goes without saying that there's an alchemy system, including both gathering items and crafting new ones. I should warn you, however, that the graphics are rather outdated, to the point that they may even be a bit of an eyesore. ^^; Great games, though, regardless.

As for the Atelier games, I've only played Totori and Ayesha, myself, so far, but if you're looking to get one on PSV, I'd say you should probably pick up either Atelier Rorona Plus or Atelier Ayesha Plus.

Rorona: From the PS3 era of the series, this one marks the beginning, and it got some pretty significant improvements to the graphics, battles, and alchemy system, making it much more up-to-date with the other entries in the series. Totori and Meruru are both sequels to Rorona, and while not necessarily important to the main plotlines of each game, there are recurring characters, and as such, they make some references that you may feel somewhat left out of if you haven't played the previous entries. If you like this one, then you can continue on to Totori and Meruru for the continuity.

Ayesha: This one marks the beginning of the Dusk trilogy (Ayesha, Escha & Logy, Shallie), which is entirely separate from the Arland trilogy, so it would give the same kind of fresh start that Rorona would, easing you into the world. Being from the more recent trilogy, the game has all sorts of improvements over its predecessors, so you may (or may not) find this a more enjoyable experience. This only got a Plus release stateside this month, so Escha & Logy may be a few months off for us yet, but at the rate things are going for the series, I'm fairly certain that we'll get that one as well, so when the time comes, if you enjoyed Ayesha enough, you could continue the trilogy with that (and, eventually, Shallie, which I'm sure will also get a Plus version eventually).

Additionally/alternatively, if either is available digitally, I'd recommend the PSP ports of the Mana Khemia games, which were a spin-off of the Atelier series. Frankly, both MK games had far superior combat systems to those of the Atelier games I've played thus far (although they're definitely improving with each entry), not to mention some badass battle themes. (I <3 the BGM change option in the PS3 Atelier games, simply because they offer MK's battle themes.) And since they're spin-offs of the Atelier series, it goes without saying that there's an alchemy system, including both gathering items and crafting new ones. I should warn you, however, that the graphics are rather outdated, to the point that they may even be a bit of an eyesore. ^^; Great games, though, regardless.
I kinda want to tell him to just play through the Disgaea series. XD

Then again I'm biased. Makai is from the Makai Senki Disgaea series, I bought the PS3 for Makai Wars which was cancelled, and I played the shit out of Makai Kingdoms.

Then again there's also the Neptunia series.

I'm so behind on my RPGs. I don't know if I should be recommending much anymore.

I don't know about Disgaea, SRPGs are a bit less accessible than other sub-genres, I think. I can definitely recommend Re;Birth1 as I had a lot of fun with it, but again, not for everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"